ABBO's purpose is to equip individuals to grow and change in a Biblical way in their thinking and doing, and to provide opportunities for them to guide others, in and around South Africa, to change likewise.
1. To provide counselling training through:
- the ABBO counselling courses
- Course 1 - Biblical Counselling
- Course 2 - The Practice of Biblical Counselling
- Course 3 - Advanced Course in the Practice of Biblical Counselling
- Course 4 - Biblical Mentoring
- Course 5 - Biblical Trauma Counselling
- Course 6 - Biblical Child & Family Counselling
- individual and group interaction and seminars
2. Create opportunities for counselling through:
The following statements form the foundation of ABBO's approach:
- We recognize the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- We use the Bible as source and standards for our counselling approach and practice.
- Our understanding and use of Scripture rest on reformational expository principles.
- Insights from theology and social sciences are tested against Scripture.
- Individuals are guided towards finding their identity in Christ and living their unique life purpose.
- We believe in holistic change: both in the heart and behaviour of people.
- People in need are ministered to regardless of their religious convictions, denomination, race, language or gender.
- We aspire to transparency, accountability, effectiveness and excellence.
- We serve our fellow-humans for the love of, to the glory of and as commanded by the triune God.